Read Easy UK is a charity that recruits, trains and supports volunteers to give free one-to-one tuition to adults who struggle with reading. Learning to read changes people’s lives, and it’s never too late to learn.
We are seeking fundraisers to help support our work. Your book club can fundraise for Read Easy UK and help more adults improve their reading.
Could your Book Club…
- hold a coffee morning?
- hold a second-hand book sale?
- invite a local author to speak at an open event?
- organise any other fundraising event that appeals to you?
- take part in a local fun-run, marathon or half marathon on behalf of Read Easy?
- give up alcohol/shopping/smoking?
- or simply donate a few pounds each month to help an adult learn to read?
Whatever you do and whatever you raise, we want it to be fun, but we hope it will also be truly rewarding to know you are opening the door to reading for someone else. Do take a look at the video above about Sarah, who was heartbroken not to be able to read to her twin daughters. After just a year of learning, Sarah was helping them with their homework and encouraging them to experience the joy of reading for themselves.
For lots more stories about how learning to read has changed people’s lives, see our Testimonials page.
Please click the button below to make a donation via JustGiving. 100% of your donation goes to Read Easy UK and will be used to support adults who want to learn to read.
Make an Offline Donation
If you would prefer to make an offline donation we ask that you please follow these instructions:
- Make a cheque payable to “Read Easy UK”
- Please post your cheque to:
The Old Post Office, Bell Lane, Blockley, Moreton-in-Marsh, Gloucestershire, GL56 9BB, United Kingdom
If you are a UK tax-payer, Read Easy UK can claim back 25% of your donation from the Government at no additional cost to yourself. Please complete and return the Gift Aid form to us at the address below with your donation. Thank you. Gift Aid Form