What does being a Pioneer involve?
Each Read Easy group is set up by a local volunteer ‘Pioneer’, who networks and mobilises others in their community to join them in setting up a team of volunteers to run the proposed group.
Once established, each new group is legally and financially independent, but affiliated to Read Easy UK as part of a wider network of groups.
Working with the support of your Regional Adviser, you would:
- network with other organisations to establish interest and support
- publicise the project
- find other volunteers to form a team
What’s in it for you?
Becoming a Pioneer will give you the chance to:
- offer life-changing opportunities to local people
- create a new community of like-minded volunteers
- use or develop your skills to benefit others
- experience the benefits of initiating and seeing through a rewarding project
Can you help?
If you are energetic and enthusiastic with the confidence and motivation to network, engage others and make a real difference in your community, you could be just the person we are looking for!
If you would like to find out more about becoming a Read Easy Pioneer, please email email@example.com
Find out more about the difference Read Easy makes here: Testimonials
“The organisational support available is excellent, and the fact that Read Easy has an established track record gives me the confidence that we will be able to make a difference in our community.”
Andrew Pickin Pioneer, Read Easy Nottingham