We are looking for an experienced and adaptable individual to ensure that our busy Head Office is run smoothly and efficiently. As a vital part of our small team, you will manage the general running of the office, including inputting information and updating databases, printing, ordering supplies, filing, etc. You will also be liaising with staff and communicating with volunteers and the general public on a daily basis. In particular, you will be responsible for ensuring that our many volunteers receive high-quality and timely support when they contact the office.
Read Easy UK is at an exciting stage of development and the role will be varied and interesting. The post is initially for 2-3 days per week, but with potential to expand in the future.
You must have:
- excellent communication skills, written and spoken, a good telephone manner and ability to adapt your style to suit different audiences and situations;
- ability to work cheerfully under pressure;
- demonstrable ability to communicate complex and nuanced issues;
- excellent computer literacy and experience in the use of Microsoft programs including Excel, plus willingness to learn new IT skills when necessary;
- strong organisational skills, including an ability to create and use systems;
- intuitiveness and the ability to analyse information;
- excellent attention to detail
- ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team;
- willingness to ‘pitch in’ as required in a small organisation;
- at least two years’ relevant experience